Supervisor Commercial Loan Ops - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 495368
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Leadership
|Assists Manager Commercial Loan Operations in the day to day operations of the Loan Operations department. Supervises and directs the daily operational support functions of assigned team members and their respective job duties. Participates in all system installations and upgrades affecting overall loan operations. Provides oversight and guidance to the Loan Operations staff. Implements loan operations policies and procedures ensuring compliance with bank regulations and regulatory statutes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and directs Loan Administrators in the preparation of commercial loan legal documents, quality assurance of both in-house and externally prepared legal documents, construction disbursements and enterprise tickler set-up and tracking as well as all loan servicing functions including but not limited to loan boarding, payment processing, file maintenance and loan advances.
- Proposes policy and procedure changes to guarantee efficient processing of loans including compliance, due diligence, loan boarding, quality assurance, and/or documentation.
- Responds to staff inquiries on day to day processing questions. Supervises and assists with daily processing as needed due to excessive volume, staffing constraints, or complexity.
- Monitors and evaluates the job performance of staff including coaching, motivating, and administering corrective action as needed. Interviews and selects staff.
- Conducts complex training activities for existing employees on quality assurance, disbursements, loan accounting system, documentation and/or ticklers, loan products and guidelines.
- Directs, supervises, and performs regular system testing for upgrades and implementation. Determines impact to existing processes and communicates changes to management and staff.
- Proposes revisions to daily reports and monitors existing reports to ensure adherence to timely and accurate processing requests within established service level timelines.
- Leads technical information meetings with employees including agendas to ensure all procedural updates and changes are being communicated and implemented.
- Assists with special projects and non-routine conditions for resolution.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulation pertaining to the banking industry.
- Thorough knowledge of lending products and services.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems.
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Ability to gain compliance in a fair, equitable, non-punishing fashion
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now