Regional Manager Retail Banking - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495339
Work type: Full Time Regular
Oversees and manages the sales, service and operational performance of retail bank branches in multiple states within an assigned geographic region, with a focus on Customer Experience; Sales; Compliance; Operations; and CRA. Cultivates a sales and service culture which aligns with both the strategic and operational plans and objectives. Develops and implements programs and training to support growth in the retail products and services.
This position may also have management responsibilities for a specific branch location within their assigned region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs, oversees and implements the operational strategy of the bank branches within an assigned geographic region to ensure an effective and cohesive presentation of products and services. Analyzes branch financial and credit results, identifies opportunities and develops and implements actions plans to achieve optimal growth.
- Provides direction and oversight to branch management. Conducts visits to review and provide assistance to management regarding the operational, service and sales performance. Ensures appropriate measures are in place to ensure profitable growth and alignment to the goals and objectives of the bank.
- Ensures branch compliance with banking policies and practices and regulatory statutes. Communicates changes as appropriate.
- Oversees and manages internal controls and operational requirements to include cash audits, correspondence, files, records and internal security procedures.
- Develops and manages the preparation of the budget for the bank branches. Reviews monthly variance reports and determines appropriate action.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and evaluates economic and competitive changes that influence branch operations and market trends. Identifies service needs and develops and implements new products and services to stimulate growth within the branch areas.
- Cultivates a positive team culture which promotes and supports relationship building. Continues to build an environment where clear goals, inclusion in decision making, constant communication, feedback and recognition are a standard.
- Ensures appropriate training programs are developed and implemented for the branch operations.
- May respond to and/or manage resolution of client complaints which are complex in nature. Reviews and analyzes branch complaints to ensure appropriate actions are taken and follow-up is complete. Identifies trends and implements appropriate training and/or development as required.
- Represents the company in community, economic and business development activities, banking and financial associations and government agencies.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in Retail Banking to include deposits and lending techniques and practices
- Strong knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Strong business development, relationship management and lead generation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customer
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now