Actuary (ASA / FSA) - Income & Wealth Planning - LTC - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495338
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Leads and executes product design, pricing, financial projections and other financial analyses for assigned products to assure the measurement and achievement of Corporate profit, growth, information and planning objectives. Coordinates resources to provide effective analytical support to contribute to effective product and financial management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs and manages the development of new product rates and re-rating activity, the determination of the impact on premiums and/or profits of various product proposals, and both long and short term experience studies to be completed in a timely manner and providing useful results. Develops rate assumptions and manages the development of rate scales and detailed rates.
- Participates in the initial viability assessment for new product ideas and modifications, including preliminary pricing. Reviews product specifications and estimate cost and schedule. Consults competitive research to balance pricing/competitive issues.
- Manages the development of financial projections (preliminary and detailed) and develops detailed financial projections for new and existing products.
- Directs financial impact assessment activities related to compliance changes and other environmental factors impacting the product or product grouping.
- Prepares actuarial memoranda for filing with state insurance departments.
- Plans and executes projects designed to meet specified product development, pricing, projection, and financial or risk management objectives.
- Provides recommendations to management based on analysis of financial and non-financial data regarding trends and indicators of the product or product grouping.
- Analyzes experience and provides reserve recommendations for claim reserves where needed.
- Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives.
- Develops improvements to actuarial models, methods, procedures, and systems and keeps abreast of legislative and other changes to determine their effect on assumptions and formulas.
- May have direct reports and engage in human resource management functions such as coaching, performing appraisals, and handling other HR administrative tasks. May review the work of actuarial students in the execution of specific projects or tasks.
- May have an opportunity to participate in recruiting college candidates for professional Actuarial positions and serve on Company committees in an actuarial adviser capacity.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Managing Actuary essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Actuarial Associate level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science.
- Seasoned knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and in-depth knowledge and understanding of actuarial and statistical sciences, economics, or computer sciences.
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a strong knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices.
- Attainment of ASA designation.
- Thorough financial background.
- Extensive experience in the development and presentation of financial reports.
- Excellent human relations and oral and written communication skills, analytical and decision-making abilities, and sound judgment.
- Product and industry knowledge.
- Attainment of FSA designation.
- LTC is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now