Retirement Plans External Wholesaler - Upstate NY
Job no: 495332
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Massachusetts, New York, Vermont
|Contribute to the generation of growth and profitability in the Retirement Plans Division through the attainment of specific sales quotas achieved from a non-established sales territory. Develops and monitors business plan and budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with sales firms and producers in a non-established sales territory. Identify and promote the sale of retirement products and services. Lead or participate in developing strategies to sell retirement products and services. Deliver presentations and prepare competitive analysis and other marketing tasks. Develop and monitor business plans and budget to ensure sales quotas are achieved for assigned firms and/or producers. Attain personal sales goals as well as contribute to the attainment of team goals.
- Identify plan design, demographics, required services, assets and other pertinent information to properly price and market retirement products and meet all applicable compliance regulations. Collect information needed to install the contract and transition the sold cases to a Relationship Manager or other staff to direct case installation and ongoing administration and service.
- Provide ongoing support for existing plans through producers, employers, internal staff, and business partners to retain clients and secure additional assets from clients.
- Stay abreast of industry and government changes affecting retirement plans. Maintain an awareness of existing territory and industry market trends. Develop and manage individual budget.
- Ability to travel 50% of the work period.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires up to 66% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- Possess, or attain FINRA Series 6 & Series 63 registrations within 90 days of placement in the job.
- Demonstrated success in multi-channel sales, including 5 years retirement plans/401(k) wholesaling experience
- Excellent defined contribution product and industry knowledge
- Strong knowledge of competitor products and services
- Seasoned understanding and demonstrated success in relationship sales in the retirement services marketplace
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and investment strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and sales-related communication abilities, including strong presentation and consulting skills
- Ability to comprehend legal concepts, plan documents and trust instruments
- Self motivated, with ability to work independently in a field sales environment
- Ability to travel 50% of the work period and a valid driver's license
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now