Centralized Mortgage Sales Assistant - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 495311
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Customer Service
|Assists the Centralized Sales Team in all aspects of the mortgage loan origination to include cold calling, referral activities, identification of the needs of the client/borrower and fulfilling the client's expectations by gathering and following up on the necessary information (loan application, financial documents, appraisal etc).
Essential Job Functions:
- At the direction of the Sales Manager, handles non-complex loans to include the application and closing processes and provides assistance on more complex loans of the team in order to expedite the efficiencies of the lending functions.
- Assists the Sales Manager with any other functions including reporting and lead management.
- Supports and provides assistance to the Sales Team with all aspects of the mortgage loan origination process and expedites the accurate submission of the loan application to processing and underwriting approval.
- Ensures appropriate information and data is entered into the loan origination system on behalf of the Sales Manager.
- Monitors and audits the return of the application package and checklist items and communicates with the client, Sales Manager and processing if other items may be required.
- Provides assistance to the Sales Manager with day-to-day activities in order to maximize sales production levels to include, but not limited to supporting the business development activities and programs, leading the application process and loan closing procedures on behalf of the Sales Manager.
- Assists with advanced administration support of complex business functions/programs and projects. Analyzes incoming and outgoing information; identifies problem areas while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and/or work efficiencies are maintained; alerts management of potential problem situations.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory statues.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industry. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers' needs.
- Conducts outbound prospecting.
- Pulls reports daily and contacts borrowers who have not eSigned, and walks them through the eSign process.
- Reviews new loan applications for accuracy, and submits to operations for processor assignment.
- Processes credit card payments for appraisal fees.
- Completes pipeline update calls on a weekly basis.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in mortgage lending techniques and practices
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of mortgage credit policies and bank loan products, regulations and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of mortgage products to include FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, and VA
- Knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking/mortgage industry
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analysis skills; ability to analyze financial information
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, email, presentation and banking systems
- Ability to travel up to 10% of work time
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customers
- Credit Check
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now