Manager Digital Experience (Digital Marketing) - Omaha, NE
Job no: 495213
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Leadership, Marketing/Communications
|The Manager, Digital Experience will be responsible for leading and overseeing the digital experience team at Mutual of Omaha. This role will manage a team of User Experience (UX) Interaction Designers, help create our long-term UX strategy, and establish UX best practices for the company. This role will lead and inspire the team to provide digital products that are simple to use, well organized, and meaningful that help drive greater adoption and use of our digital channels and bring value to our users. The Manager, Digital Experience is responsible for delivering best-in-class user experiences through research, concepts, sketches, prototypes, and user-tested experiences for digital products (websites, landing pages, electronic and mobile applications). This role will be a champion for users by educating and introducing the user's point of view in business decisions, and will mentor, develop, and lead team members while managing, scoping and prioritizing work based on business and consumer impact. They will also ensure that the team follows the digital design system standards and contributes to adding new elements and components to it.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, staff, direct, and control team activities - including all management functions and decisions such as budgeting for and controlling expenses, interviewing and selecting personnel, appraising performance, administering salaries, developing and coaching direct reports, long-range and short-term planning, and ensuring compliance with Company guidelines
- Function as a positive role model, strong coach, and change agent
- Lead and mentor the UX team while making sure that team and individual goals are aligned with the enterprise strategy
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders including product owners, business teams, and technology partners to align with and achieve business objectives while shaping user-centered design solutions
- Work with business partners to understand underlying business strategies and sales/marketing drivers/KPIs
- Help to translate larger picture business strategy into digestible pieces the team can concept and build upon
- Help define, measure, and increase UX practice maturity
- Define a long-term, unifying UX vision and UX best practices for the company
- Incorporate leading UX strategies into our design, prototyping, and research initiatives
- Use research, both qualitative and quantitative, to foster innovation, assess design solutions, and align key stakeholders
- Identify innovative opportunities to grow the Brand and create experiences that improve the digital experiences of our associates, sales professionals, and consumers
- Ability to frame user problems and then research and design solutions to those problems with a high level of technical competence
- Work closely with the Manger, Digital Design and their team to ensure their visual designs match the intended experience
- Work closely with the Manger, Digital Development and their team to ensure that the interactions and experience is translated properly once they have been developed
- Partner with account/project management team to understand individual team member's bandwidth and skills to successfully complete each project
- Identify gaps in skills, develop internal talent to meets these gaps, and identify third-party resources to help manage overflow work
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 7+ years of design experience
- 3+ years at a management level leading and providing art direction to a large team of designers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience building, mentoring, and leading a successful customer-centric UX team
- Experience coaching and mentoring entry and mid-level designers
- Strong ability to effectively work cross functionally within a large organization and with external partners
- Strong ability to plan, conceptualize, strategize, supervise and implement digital solutions effectively
- Working knowledge of UX best practices and modern UIs
- Experience in finding solutions for new techniques/processes that are used to provide high quality digital products
- Experience working with and understanding the WCAG 2.0 Level AA digital accessibility guidelines
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Engaging presentation style with solid oral, written and visual communication skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relationship building capacity at different levels in an organization
- Portfolio that demonstrates vast hands-on experience
- Experience with UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Sketch, InVision or similar tools
- Experience leading workshops and design sprints with a diverse set of participants
- Understanding of Google Analytics or other web analytics solutions
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM systems and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Knowledge of Insurance and Financial Services Industries
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now