Director Decision Sciences
Job no: 494560
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Marketing/Communications
This is a true transformational opportunity to drive a significant business transformation effort around analytics and data science. The Mutual organization is evolving to a culture of continuous improvement and achieving best in class competitiveness. To help aid in this journey, we are looking to hire a Director, Decision Sciences to define and drive strategic analytical capabilities from vision through value, leveraging a modern data environment and innovative analytical techniques.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Decision Sciences, and is a critical role in defining and leading the organization’s vision for leveraging analytics and decision sciences as differentiators in the marketplace.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead ongoing, collaborative efforts to define key analytical enablers with key business unit and enterprise consumer stakeholders and executives
- Lead ongoing, collaborative evaluation and prioritization efforts based on strategic alignment, potential business value and ability to execute
- Create strategic and tactical implementation roadmaps across the analytics ecosystem to realize value
- Create and implement hypothesis driven development methodologies that drive execution from vision to value
- Oversee and drive agile-driven implementation efforts
- Lead and drive creation of a dedicated decision sciences team that enables execution
- Be an evangelist and a change agent - help build a culture inculcating analytics in all aspects of decision making; and driving rigor in all analytical efforts
- Partner with key stakeholders and peers to develop model governance methods, including move to production and ongoing measurement methods
- Build effective cross functional relationships with segment leads and peers across marketing organization to influence the strategic direction
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive analytics and data sciences leadership
- Demonstrated results from vision through strategic planning and execution within the analytics and data sciences domain
- Exceptional communication, consultative and collaboration skills
- Significant depth of experience in data science methods and techniques, including data visualization, statistical modeling and machine learning methods
- Significant depth of experience with data and analytics technologies
- PhD in Math, Statistics or related discipline preferred, strong consideration will be given to comparable professional experience.
- Strong preference for Financial Services and Insurance industry experience
- Strong preference for consumer analytics
- MBA preferred but not required
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now