Managing Director of Retail Banking - Omaha, NE
Job no: 494343
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Leadership
|Oversees and manages the sales, service and operational performance of retail banking for the enterprise. Cultivates a sales and service culture which aligns with both the strategic and operational plans and objectives. Develops and implements programs and training to support growth in the Retail products and services. Duties include leading, coaching and training sales team; generating profitable revenues; advise on and monitor competitive product set. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Bank Leaders, support strategies and foster effective inter-department teamwork.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the enterprise in the strategic priority for Delivery Transformation as it relates to Branch Transformation. Develops and implements sales and service strategies, objectives, and measures to maximize profitability of individual and team portfolios.
- Leads the retail banking function. Ensures that revenue generation is profitable and pricing is within stated guidelines.
- Lead/mentor/coach the retail banking teams to develop deeper understanding of the sales process and preferred solutions for our customers/prospects.
- Initiate and develop strategies that support our market development process, which includes retaining top tier clients, expanding existing relationships and acquiring new profitable relationships.
- Collaborates with all business units to support, develop, and deepen client relationships.
- Maintains current industry knowledge and develops plans to increase profitability, production and client experience.
- Supports the efforts and strategies of the Bank's CRA Officer to achieve desired results.
- Develops and manages the preparation of the budget for the bank branches. Reviews monthly variance reports and determines appropriate action.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and evaluates economic and competitive changes that influence branch operations and market trends. Identifies service needs and develops and implements new products and services to stimulate growth within the branch areas.
- Cultivates a positive team culture which promotes and supports relationship building. Continues to build an environment where clear goals, inclusion in decision making, constant communication, feedback and recognition are a standard. Collaborates with market leaders on Talent, Recruiting, Development, and Retention.
- Develops and maintains an engaged, fair, and equitable work environment.
- May respond to and/or manage resolution of client complaints which are complex in nature.
- Represents the company in community, economic and business development activities, banking and financial associations and government agencies.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 66% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Proven leadership and influencing skills
- Expert knowledge of and experience in Retail Banking to include deposits and lending techniques and practices
- Strong knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Strong business development, relationship management and lead generation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- 10 to 15 years of Retail Banking experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now