Sales Analyst / Sr Sales Analyst (New York City or Long Island Group Office)
Job no: 494316
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: New York
Categories: Administrative/Support, Sales, Underwriting
|Our Workplace Solutions Division offers thousands of companies across the country attractive, affordable benefit packages to their employees. With flexible plan designs, a comprehensive product portfolio and an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction, Mutual of Omaha helps employers manage the complex world of insurance and financial services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and control the work activities of new support personnel assigned to the office to include establishing priorities, organizing and monitoring workflow, and training
- Receive RFIs/RFPs from brokers, consultants and agents, provide financial information concerning prospective clients and availability of required insurance coverage, and administer service on procedural problems.
- Underwrite cases generally under 100 lives and quote premium rates. Deliver policies and certificates received from Home Office to the policyholder.
- Make presentations to employer groups and policyholders on billings, claims, and enrollment procedures for various group employee programs.
- Make periodic visits with sales or service representatives to brokers, agents, and general accounts to determine rates, benefits, contract provisions, and proposal guidelines on cases.
- Prepare proposals, follow up with requests to ensure a timely response, and review written proposals prior to presentation. Forward to group client for review.
- Following the close of a sale, assist in completion of Group Data Report.
- Review State Insurance Department regulation changes and work directly with Home Office personnel on policy and benefit adjustments necessary for compliance.
- Review booklets and materials received from Home Office for accuracy and assemble for delivery to policyholder.
- Resolve billing problems with policyholders, to include collecting delinquent premium, assisting in payroll and eligibility audits for renewal
- Coordinate processing of all requests generated during employer/government groups Open Enrollment and assist in the coordination and preparation of materials for workshops.
- May perform office support functions such as greeting visitors, answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate person, handling invoices and petty cash, processing conversion requests, scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel plans, and maintaining office files, supplies and equipment.
- May open, screen, and distribute mail, identifying and ensuring proper disposition of correspondence requiring immediate attention.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- Some travel is required for this position.
- Experience working in an insurance, sales support, and/or corporate environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Group Operation procedures for underwriting and rating.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including a working knowledge of various software packages, and excellent typing, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Understanding of the laws governing the insurance industry.
- Effective communication, customer service, human relations, analytical and relationship management skills.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, meet deadlines, plan & prioritize work, take initiative, and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel and a valid driver's license.
- Life and Health license.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now