Accountant II/III - Pima Center - Scottsdale, AZ
Job no: 494298
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Finance/Accounting
Participants in various accounting and financial functions. This is the intermediate level of the Accountant family and should have prior experience with some or most of these responsibilities, but will need additional training and seasoning.
This job posting is reflective of the Accountant II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Account III level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommends and may complete various accounting functions to maintain a good understanding of underlying financial data and procedures. Makes suggestions to design new procedures, methods and processes. Meets accuracy requirements and time deadlines.
- Performs the periodic processing of transactions and researching of accounts, including, but not limited to, bank accounts, loans, fixed assets, and prepaids, deposits, and accrued expenses. Coordinates with other business areas as required to ensure that processing is completed timely and accurately.
- Performs coordination of financial information, activities, reconciliation, data control management and integrity, and systems with various business units to ensure that reported amounts are accurate and deadlines are met. Performs researching of errors, reconciliation of various financial statements and timely clearing of suspense items to ensure data accuracy and compliance with report formats.
- Gathers financial information and prepares various financial and regulatory reports as required.
- Prepares information to assist with internal and external audits and examinations as needed.
- Communicates effectively and maintains favorable working relationships with management, peers and/or external examiners, auditors, consultants and state insurance departments.
- Establishes effective working relationships with internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Experience with accounting functions
- Understanding of GAAP and Regulatory accounting concepts
- Exhibits analytical and leadership abilities
- Sound decision making ability and ability to function independently
- Some previous interpretation and application of laws and regulations
- Understanding and working knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to operate a personal computer with relevant software
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now