Loan Assistant I/II/Sr. - Commercial Real Estate - Scottsdale, AZ
Job no: 494286
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Receives, researches, and handles customer requests and inquiries, and ensures appropriate and timely resolution. Assists with loan maintenance and monitoring. May assist Lender(s) in the preparation, review and processing of loans.
This job posting is reflective of the Loan Assistant I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Loan Assistant II and Senior Loan Assistant levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the servicing of loans, i.e. payments, insurance, etc. Requests payoff quotes from lending services and forwards to loan officers.
- Pulls daily, weekly, monthly reports and communication with loan officer, reports may include overdrafts, matured/maturing loans, annual reviews.
- Assists with imaging credit files into Bank's central repository system.
- Monitors loans and ensures that tickler information including, financials, guarantor information, tax returns, etc. are obtained. Partners with loan officers to discuss past due ticklers. May contact clients to request tickler items.
- Leads a variety of customer service activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies, and resolving issues.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, lending practices and regulatory process statutes, such as Patriot's Act, Reg B, HMDA, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers' needs.
- May assist with special projects.
- May assist with checking and decisioning overdrafts for loan officers.
- May communicate with loan officers on pipeline reports to ensure timely preparation of the loan process and may assist in reviewing loan and initial tickler set ups..
- May assist with collection of application items that includes ordering credit, entering application, requesting financials and/or other documents required for loan approval, customer follow up, and application tracking.
- May direct customers, loan officers, and lending services through loan process.
- May assist in gathering applicable due diligence required on internally prepared loans which may include ordering title work, flood certificates, appraisal and environmental reports, UCC searches, good standings, etc. and may order internally-prepared loan documents through Lending Services.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Knowledge of and experience in lending techniques and practices
- Knowledge of loan documentation
- Knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Knowledge of lending products and services
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Sound judgment and decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Commercial Real Estate loan processing and/or loan documentation experience preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now