Media Analyst/Sr. Media Analyst
Job no: 494280
Work type: Full Time Regular
The Media Analyst is accountable for the profit & loss of marketing programs for one or more business segments and broad media channels. With an emphasis on target audience and data, and a focus on long and short term marketing profit, Media Analysts work collaboratively with external agencies and internal partner areas to analyze, plan and execute the media strategy across broad media channels needed to reach the overall goals of each business segment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Formulates broad media strategies and plans, aligning media programs to marketing's larger strategic objectives
- Performs media profit evaluations and directs necessary campaign changes/optimization as appropriate.
- Analyzes and reports out on the performance of the media programs, including variance analysis and proposed course corrections to the marketing leadership team.
- Directs campaign changes/optimizations as appropriate.
- Communicates to required constituencies (in and out of marketing) so that key partners are aware and well informed of the strategic media direction.
- Key contributor in the preparation of annual budgets and ongoing media spend updates.
- Maintains awareness of the competitive media environment within the insurance industry which may impact the program and/or business model and strategic objectives of marketing overall.
- Acts as a resource; provides knowledge and may assist in the training and guidance of others on the team and partner areas.
- Participates in the production of test designs that will validate new programs, new audiences, or changes in program direction.
- Uses customer segmentation knowledge and enhancement techniques to improve performance in existing media sources and identifies new media sources for testing.
- Responsible for media expenditure and the negotiation of media rates with external vendors.
- Uses information, tools and technology to gain meaningful insight into audience demographics, customer purchase motivation and buying patterns to grow and develop the business segments and produce a positive customer experience.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- This job posting is reflective of the Media Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Media Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Minimum 2-3 years of media planning and analysis.
- Strong direct marketing experience.
- Experience developing and presenting media strategies.
- Experience using campaign reporting or campaign management tools.
- Solid financial and analytical discipline.
- Experience managing multiple campaigns, production timelines and budgets.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ad agency experience.
- Results driven, self-motivated team player.
- Strategic thinker, problem solver that can make sound business decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now