Actuarial Associate / Managing Actuary (Group Modeling and Valuation)
Job no: 494271
Work type: Full Time Regular
We are seeking a motivated and driven individual to join the Group Modeling and Valuation team within our Corporate Actuarial area. This individual will provide actuarial leadership for the modeling and valuation of our Group and Special Risk products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute activities related to the quarterly valuation of liabilities and effectively communicate results to management
- Lead the development of key metrics and reporting to enhance management’s understanding of the business
- Identify and implement process improvements that will reduce risk and increase efficiency in the execution of both recurring and ad hoc tasks
- Continually enhance current and develop new valuation tools and models to better represent future expected results
- Collaborate with the product team to advance the understanding of our products and the associated liability modeling
- Partner with the claims management team to drive a deeper understanding of claim trends and their implications for the business
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and actuarial practice guidelines
- Support enterprise wide risk management initiatives
- Peer review actuarial work as needed
- Effectively coach and develop staff in support of the above efforts and contribute to the overall development of the broader corporate valuation team
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Actuarial Associate essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Managing Actuary level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Attainment of ASA designation is required, plus an ongoing commitment to attain a fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, and/or Computer Science
- Knowledge of insurance products, stochastic modeling techniques, and applicable valuation techniques and requirements
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices
- Thorough financial background
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills
- Experience in the development of financial reports
- Knowledge of personal computer applications used for analysis
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions
- Ability to work across multiple teams
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now