Job no: 494258
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
This job posting is reflective of the Associate Systems Engineer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Systems Engineer and Sr Systems Engineer levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Able to perform systems administrator duties in the Unix and VMWare environments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to perform systems administrator duties in more than one of the following:
- Install new / rebuild existing server and configure hardware and storage.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Unix and VMWare
- Unix Hardware and software upgrades
- Apply and maintain security baseline standards
- Data Protection and Management
- Support of distributed file systems
- Support disaster recovery exercises
- Troubleshoot system problems as needed
- Continuous improvement and automation
- Work closely with business partner environments in order to provide appropriate solutions and process improvements.
- Consult on company-wide projects where system level resources are identified.
- Identify and evaluate system level products to enhance current productivity and effectiveness.
- Make recommendations to department management based on evaluation and assessment.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 2 years experience system administration.
- Experience in system design, research, analysis, testing and implementation.
- Strong communication skills, good judgment and strong customer relations.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Certification (or other approved certification)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now