Business Systems Analyst/Sr Business Systems Analyst - Phoenix
Job no: 494249
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Information Technnology
Collaborates with technical and non-technical areas to define business requirements for projects. Works within a highly complex environment associated with business technologies that blend internal and vendor hosted solutions, products and services. Performs tasks that generally have few established guidelines or processes to follow. Researches, analyzes, gathers metrics, develops, implements, improves and supports business systems and processes. Functions as Change Management advocate on complex or enterprise projects.
This job posting is reflective of the Bank Business Systems Consultant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Senior Business Systems Consultant level have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex nature that require a higher level of abstract and creative solutions. Coordinates/plans/documents, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. Performs business impact analysis and research.
- Organizes Test cases of various levels (System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, etc.) and facilitates testing processes where required including verification of testing environments, scheduling/coordination of testing activities and signoff documentation completion.
- Develops and implements comprehensive communication and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers. Implements system controls and procedures. May serve as a liaison to other business lines.
- Assists in the work direction of day-to-day activities. May provides overall goals; develops, updates, and maintains work plans.
- Develops and administers project documentation, recommendations, and implementation procedures. Communicates project outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas. Creates and updates dashboards and infographics for board reports, tracking metrics, and other management needs.
- Acts as a resource and provides training and guidance to others. May delegate tasks to others (as appropriate) on projects with varying levels of complexity. May provide back-up support for management as needed.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha Bank practices, the financial services industry, and the business environment. Researches, analyzes, and evaluates new and emerging business systems technologies, practices, and methodologies.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Knowledge in business system operations, equipment evaluations, manual and mechanized system development techniques and workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards.
- Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes, which may include software implementation processes and process reengineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills. Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills.
- Knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment.
- Expertise with Web navigation and software as well as PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customers
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Knowledge of banking products, the banking industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Familiarity/proficiency with MS Project and MS Visio a plus.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now