Actuary Student Program (Pre-ASA / ASA / Pre-FSA)
Job no: 494126
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Mutual Actuarial Program
We are seeking top talent for actuarial positions throughout the company. These positions are part of Mutual of Omaha’s actuarial student program, which includes support towards study materials, exams, and paid study time. The individuals in these positions will help develop customer-centric product solutions and provide analytical actuarial support that will contribute to the achievement of corporate profitability and growth through effective planning and development of actuarial information and data. Mutual of Omaha offers actuarial opportunities in the following departments:
- Capital Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Group Insurance
- Group Valuation
- Health & Accident Modeling
- Health & Accident Pricing and Product Performance
- Individual Valuation
- Life & Annuity Modeling
- Life & Annuity Pricing and Product Performance
- Medicare Supplement Pricing and Product Performance
- Retirement Plans Division
- Special Risk Product Pricing and Performance
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze product financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and make recommendations based on the analysis of the results.
- Generate and verify data related to various exhibits and reports, applying actuarial and mathematical concepts, formulas and computer capabilities as necessary for completion of duties.
- Provide updates concerning Company actuarial information for various internal & external clients.
- Conduct special analytical projects related to the management of both financial and non-financial aspects of the product or product groupings.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Actuarial Assistant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr. Actuarial Assistant and Actuarial Associate levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Successful completion of 2 exams offered by the Society of Actuaries is required, plus an ongoing commitment to attain a fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel is required
- Successful completion of an Internship or related experience is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is required
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Actuarial Science, Economics, Statistics, and/or Mathematics
- Actuarial Software experience (ie: MG-ALFA, ARCVAL, etc)
- Programming experience (ie: VBA, SQL, SAS, R, C++, Java, etc)
- Knowledge of insurance products and investments, banking products and asset characteristics, and stochastic modeling techniques
- Knowledge of applicable valuation techniques and requirements
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate risk concerns
- Proven track record of taking accountability and ownership over work projects
- Leadership, communication, presentation, and human relations skills
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now