Term Life Lead Actuary (ASA/FSA)
Job no: 494123
Work type: Full Time Regular
The Term Lead Actuary is the primary resource for term life insurance pricing and product development activities from an actuarial perspective. The Term Lead Actuary will be involved in all aspects of pricing and product development including pricing with MG-ALFA, experience studies development and analysis, expense analysis, new product filing and implementation etc. This will provide exposure to many areas of the company including Sales, Marketing, Underwriting, IS, Finance, and Enterprise Risk Management. The lead actuary's efforts will have a direct and meaningful impact on the profitability of one of the company's key product lines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the officer, manager or supervisor in planning, organizing, staffing, and/or leading staff. This includes assigning and checking work, conducting on-the-job training, and providing input for performance appraisal(s) of entry level actuarial staff. In some areas, may directly supervise a group of actuarial staff in the execution of specific projects and tasks
- Analyzes financial and non-financial data to identify trends or indicators and makes recommendations related to management of the product or product grouping based on analysis of the results.
- Serves as actuarial project leader, responsible for project design, organization and coordination of all phases. Projects may be related to product development, morbidity and mortality tables, financial results, premiums, persistency, or other matters.
- May have an opportunity to prepare actuarial memoranda on policies for distribution to other departments or state insurance departments, subject to approval by senior actuaries.
- Conducts special analytical projects related to the management of both financial and non-financial aspects of the product or product grouping.
- Develops detailed product rates for new and repriced term life products.
- Creates and develops detailed financial projections for product development efforts, annual business plan, and quarterly business review.
- Reviews product specifications and assists in the cost/benefit analysis of changes during product detailed design or implementation.
- Assesses financial impact of compliance changes and other environmental factors impacting the product or product groups. Also tracks product expense experience against the initial budget projections/expense allowables.
- Risk Management; Identifies and assesses risk in actuarial responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice, precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports enterprise wide risk management initiatives.
- Assists in developing and maintaining an engaged and accountable workforce and maintaining a fair and equitable working environment.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Actuarial Associate essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Managing Actuary level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Minimum of an ASA required, FSA preferred
- 5+ years full-time work experience in an Actuarial position
- Data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelors or Masters in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation; a working knowledge of accounting practices, actuarial assumptions and formulae
- Leadership, communication, presentation, and human relations skills
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now