Trust Operations Specialist - Scottsdale, AZ
Job no: 494121
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Banking
|Perform daily Trust Operational department activities including: reconciliations, revenue tracking, client web access administration, quality control, internal reporting and backup for other staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary function of the position is the daily cash reconciliation and settlement process between the bank and the back office service provider.
- Daily and monthly cash, security positions and suspense account reconciliations.
- Process miscellaneous fee requests, pro-rated fee calculations, release fees and post to GL each month as directed.
- Maintain multiple client fee schedules on the trust accounting system.
- Quality control which includes verifying integrity of transaction tax coding, descriptions, security setup and maintenance, client statement print files, account openings/closings, in kind transfer coordination, etc.
- Client website access administration (user id and password).
- Assists with year-end tax review and reporting.
- Gathers information for regulatory reporting (OFAC, FINCEN) and performs other weekly/monthly departmental reporting.
- Assists with internal and external audits and examinations as needed.
- Communicates effectively and maintains favorable and effective working relationships with management, peers, internal and external contacts and vendors.
- Performs a variety of operational tasks that require general knowledge of unit functions and multiple complex systems.
- Other duties may include: differentiating, processing and reconciling transactions; researching client inquires; reviewing time sensitive and/or complex to moderately complex spreadsheets and documents; revising and maintaining department desk procedures.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Trust operations experience preferred
- Financial services industry accounting and/or transaction processing experience
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Associates degree with emphasis in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages including Excel, Word, Email, etc
- Special Background and Criminal Check (required for all new hires
and internal applicants)
- BPA (3): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customers
- Credit Check
- Trust operations and security processing experience with emphasis on accounting and income processing.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now