Associate Business Intelligence Developer / Business Intelligence Developer (Distribution Compensation)
Job no: 494112
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Banking, Customer Service, Finance/Accounting, Project Management/Business Analyst
Mutual of Omaha's Income and Wealth Planning Solutions is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Distribution Compensation – Compensation Support team. The position requires someone passionate about growing their skills and making meaningful contributions to the growth of the Company. The Developer will be working in a project environment supporting different sales distributions and product lines. If being part of a fast moving and imaginative team is what you're looking for - then we are looking for you. The Associate Business Intelligence Developer or Business Intelligence Developer will provide Coding, data monitoring, and research, for the compensation business unit; provide technical and functional assistance in identifying, and evaluating, solutions that meet requirements; monitor recurring processes and ensure data and output accuracy and timely distribution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Translates product and sales requirements through analyzing, designing and developing code to yield accurate compensation calculations.
- Assists with investigating, reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources in order to maintain quality and understand the source structures and business relevance of the data.
- Strong product knowledge in relation to the interpretation of requirements for compensation calculations.
- Monitors recurring processes and ensures accuracy and timely distribution.
- Maintains, documents, and enhances recurring processes and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between I/S, project teams and business areas by trouble-shooting problems related to compensation calculations.
- Supports business experts by providing assistance with project implementations and modifications impacting compensation data.
- Supports Project and I/S teams throughout testing and Implementation of new code and system upgrades
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business and technical environment.
- Assists peers and business partners in understanding data and processes which allows them to work more independently.
- Builds and maintains Compensation Schedules, using actuarial and sales approved documents, which become part of a producer’s contract
- Validates data on source documents to schedules and code using Output Designer software
- Writes and coordinates communication releases to producers for compensation changes
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Associate Business Intelligence Developer essential functions and qualifications. The Business Intelligence Developer level has variable essential functions and qualifications. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 1-2 years of experience working with databases and formulas
- Ability to design, enhance and implement code through interpretation and translation of new requirements
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Flexible and accepting of multiple customer requirement changes
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and human relations skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Experience using end-user tools such as Microsoft Access, and Business Objects Enterprise
- Knowledge of Ratabase database
- Knowledge of project and process management life cycle
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now