Senior Analyst - Profitability Analytics - Phoenix, AZ
Job no: 494084
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Finance/Accounting, Information Technnology
|Provide analysis on costing and profitability for the bank. Develop and coordinate the reporting and interpretation of cost and profitability results, and coordinate communication to cost center managers and teams. Utilize business intelligence systems to create queries and output of ad-hoc analysis and production reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the development of activity-based cost (ABC) models for various departments and promotes activity-based management (ABM) throughout the bank.
- Coordinates interviews and negotiate with the management teams of each business unit to establish accurate activity-based costing results.
- Leads maintenance of the ABC models within the costing system and providing useful reporting of results to business units and management.
- Leads maintenance of the cost models to ensure they are current and accurate. Perform ad-hoc cost studies as needed.
- Manages identification, validation, and automation of data sources to support analyses of ABM results.
- Assist Manager Cost Accounting and Profitability in development of profitability methodology, rules and calculations to provide meaningful insight to management.
- Coordinate work of Cost Accounting and Profitability Analyst as needed.
- Operate systems associated with ABC and profitability including report writers, database tools, visual analytics tools, planning system, and excel models.
- Leads in financial and administrative projects as assigned, including re-engineering efforts, specific process changes and/or ad-hoc reporting required to support all business activities.
- Coordinates discussions regarding changes or upgrades to cost and profitability systems, and related models, and aids in the implementation of new models.
- Builds and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3+ years of Cost Accounting experience with emphasis on cost analysis, rate development and billing
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in banking industry required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent teamwork skills with ability to be flexible in work style
- Ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of cost accounting software, excel spreadsheets and relational databases
- Understanding of data base file management and query writing
- Experience in business intelligence systems, data queries and presentation graphics desirable
- Organized with commitment to integrity and quality of reports provided to center managers
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining a PC database and operating systems
- Other systems include: SAS, Hyperion Essbase, Fiserv Signature, MS Access and SQL Server (experience desirable but not required
- Special Background and Criminal Check (required for all new hires
and internal applicants)
- BPA (3): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customers
- Credit Check
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now