Personal Banker I/II/III - Leawood, KS
Job no: 494074
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Customer Service
|Sells multiple financial products and services to new and existing customers with the objective of attaining branch and personal sales and service goals. Provides professional, courteous and efficient customer service.
This job posting is reflective of the Personal Banker I essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Personal Banker II and Personal Banker III levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops new customer relationships and expands existing customer relationships through the sale and cross-sale of banking products and services by assessing the customer's needs and determining which financial products and services can best satisfy those needs. The goal is to gain 100% of the customers' financial business and sales are at or above the performance standards established.
- May assist potential and current customers with retirement planning services and products.
- May participate in community and/or outside sales events to support the branch/market.
- Completes consumer loan applications and submits to central underwriting for approval.
- Conducts loan closing once approval is obtained.
- Contacts prospective and current bank customers to solicit new business to meet specific goals in order to expand retail bank services.
- Ensures all accounts are opened and loan documents are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures, proper records are maintained accurately and information is entered on appropriate systems and routed to appropriate departments. Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day to day activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of bank/branch goals, policy and procedural expertise of deposit and non-deposit products and services, and all current marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Accountable for individual sales goals and contributes to increasing branch sales, revenues and customer satisfaction.
- May cross-train and provide backup for teller functions by processing paying and receiving transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established Teller Policy and Procedures.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- 3 years of banking experience, to include sales and/or financial l services experience including deposit, new accounts and consumer lending.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products, services and related programs, i.e., internet banking, phone, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to listen and identify customer needs
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Solid technical skills (Word, Excel and other job related programs)
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Must successfully pass a credit check.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Previous Personal Banking experience is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now