Managing Director - Rocky Mountain DO (Denver, CO)
Job no: 494028
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Provides overall direction and oversight for the division office's results related to: Advisor Recruiting, Training & Development, Sales, Expenses and Profitability. Collaborates with the office's leadership team to ensure that the Training & Development and Advisor Recruiting processes are followed and the appropriate tracking tools are effectively utilized. Motivates and coaches the leadership team to meet all division office production, recruiting and profit goals as well as personal developmental goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures territory achieves targeted growth through effective warm sourcing, interviewing, selecting, and training; monitoring, managing and appraising performance. Ensures development of the management team. Develops and implements succession planning, mentoring and career counseling for the Sales Directors, Recruiting Managers, Training Managers and advisors
- Ensures territory achieves targeted net first year commission (NFYC) and annual new business premium (ANBP) goals through developing and implementing sales and marketing/prospecting strategies. Manages the territory to ensure persistence requirements, customer focus, product mix, geographic target markets and budget goals for the main Division Office and any satellite offices are met.
- Ensures territories are compliant with state, federal and corporate requirements. Ensures territories are compliant with applicable state and national statutes, rules and regulations regarding sales practices, licensing and producer activity. Makes sure physical working environments are professional in appearance, appropriately sized and in compliance with safety laws and company policies.
- Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with the Mutual of Omaha Advisors division, Field staff, Human Resources, Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting, Customer Service and other support areas to achieve revenue, sales, customer growth and profit goals for the territory. Facilitates the accurate identification and resolution of problems and participates in and supports Company initiatives.
- Professionally represents Mutual of Omaha in local community, insurance industry and professional associations. Maintains a high level of prominence in the local community and association activities.
- This position requires over 66% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- Broad and seasoned experience in insurance industry with in-depth knowledge of insurance industry practices and trends, current sales methodology, business and personnel. Demonstrated experience of management principles and practices, multi-line insurance fundamentals and state and federal regulations.
- Proven sales and management experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, judgment, and strategic planning with prudent risk taking abilities.
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence and impress others to gain support and the ability to teach or foster development in others
- Strong employee and agent recruiting, selection, training and retention skills
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the work period, which may include some overnight
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Current Life and Health insurance licenses or ability to become licensed with Mutual, United and any required Affiliate Company in the state(s) required for the agency
- Registration as an Investment Advisor Representative with a Series 65, Series 66 or qualifying professional designation (i.e., CFA, ChFC, CFP, CIC, PFS, etc.)
- Detailed product knowledge with LADL (life, annuity, disability and long term care insurance products) expertise
- Proficiency in applicable software and technology, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now