Quality Assurance Analyst
Job no: 494014
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
|As part of the Enabling Customer Self Service Team practicing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the Quality Assurance Analyst (QAA) assists in building and using the Agile development environment, including continuous integration, test automation, and continuous deployment. The Quality Assurance Analyst supports the integration of assets from Stable and Agile teams, performs end-to-end solution testing where necessary, and assists with deployment and release management. The QAA functions as a liaison between customers from key business areas, operations, and the technical areas to develop, install and deliver data and system solutions
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain infrastructure, including continuous integration, automated builds, and automated build verification testing.
- Create platforms and environments for solution demos, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and staging.
- Facilitate the technical aspects of collaboration with internal/external customers, such as data or service providers and hosting facilities.
- Create newly automated test scenarios and extend test scenarios to data sets that more closely match production.
- Prioritize time-consuming tests, refactor, and run automated tests for new features and stories.
- Test solution performance against nonfunctional requirements and assist system and solution engineering in identifying system shortfalls and bottlenecks.
- Interpersonal – effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills. Actively demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
- Servant Leadership- advocates change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Empowers and develops people, demonstrates humility and authenticity, provides direction rather than “giving orders.” Coaches others and seeks and applies feedback often. Creates an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Professional - understands and executes Agile project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, effective program increment participation, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders.
- Develop test strategies, plans and procedures that deliver efficiency and a high degree of test quality.
- Develop and implement testing assessments and test metrics, then document and communicate results with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Report defects found and work to resolve issues with the Developers during the sprint.
- Work with Scrum Masters, Technical Leads and Product Owners to create an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation and relentless improvement.
- Provide regular updates and work progress and attend Scrum ceremonies as needed.
- Be an advocate of test automation for the organization.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Experience with system and solution integration.
- Proven experience in test automation using automated testing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and tackle unfamiliar problems and develop strategies to validate them.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and demonstrated ability to be a team player and mentor.
- Demonstrated high-level of knowledge of industry standard testing tools.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting project status at a variety of different levels.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, problem-solving, analytical and decision-making ability.
- Experience in release management.
- Two+ years of experience in software testing and testing metrics, including development of automated test scripts using a variety of industry standard testing tools.
- Bachelor degree in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems) or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures, including continuous integration, processes and platform deployments.
- Experience working in agile methodologies.
- Experience in the insurance or financial services industry.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now