Internal Auditor/Sr Internal Auditor
Job no: 494008
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Assists in the performance of financial/operational/compliance audits from start to finish including; planning, fieldwork and reporting. Applies educational background to perform audit activities under the direction of a lead auditor or manager. Performs audit plan assurance activities in accordance with professional standards and best practice. Performs audit activities in a manner that provides value and contributes to the achievement of company objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs assigned financial/operational/compliance audit activities within agreed upon time frames while maintaining expected quality standards across each stage of the audit lifecycle.
- Applies the organization's audit methodology and carries out the audit procedures to meet the specific audit engagement objectives.
- Plans and conducts audit activities through identification and assessment of key risks and controls.
- Selects and applies the appropriate tools and techniques to data gathering, analysis and interpretation, and reporting.
- Develops workpapers reflecting audit activities performed and obtains reliable and sufficient evidence supporting audit conclusions.
- Uses business understanding to evaluate problems and potential solutions and to communicate audit issues. (appropriately applies knowledge of the business, industry, and the risk and control environment in audit work and decision making).
- Identifies improvement opportunities for the business based on understanding and analysis of the process flows for business operations.
- Communicates issues through the audit report that clearly identify root cause and impact to the organization.
- Follows up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented.
- Demonstrates efficiency and persistence, managing own time and ensuring engagement deadlines and objectives are met.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor Degree in Relevant Field of Study (Business, Finance, Accounting, IT)
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the work period
- Ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; respond quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; project credibility
- Ability to express ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly in writing using correct and appropriate grammar
- Ability to develop and sustain working relationships with diverse teams, and individual stakeholders at all levels of the organization to achieve department and enterprise goals
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Understanding of internal controls, including the proper design and implementation. Understanding of Internal Control frameworks and its corresponding objectives, components, and principles (COSO)
- Understanding of fraud risk and the ability to identify and assess common types of fraud associated with an internal audit engagement
- Knowledge of accounting cycles (revenue, expenditure, payroll, and treasury) with their typical functions, common accounting entries, relationship with financial statements, and critical accounting records
- Understanding of risk concepts such as risk tolerance, inherent risks, and residual risks, and how to recognize them within the organization
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are completely and accurately documented
- Ability to use appropriate research, business intelligence and problem solving techniques to analyze and solve complex situations. Understanding of general computing controls including system access and change management
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now