Teller / Senior Teller - Reno Banking Center - Reno, NV
Job no: 493995
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Customer Service
|Works under limited supervision and is responsible for handling compliance of audit operations and regulatory issues, provides transaction approvals, assists in training new or entry-level Teller staff on proper compliance and regulatory procedures, assists in scheduling, handles and resolves more complex inquiries and transactions. Processes teller transactions accurately and efficiently, providing an excellent customer experience. Understands and stays up to date on bank products and services.
This job posting is reflective of the Senior Teller essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Teller level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- May act as a lead and provide direction to entry-level Tellers. Approves transactions when needed as well as provides assistance in solving more complex issues and transactions.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shift, and calculates daily transactions using appropriate systems.
- Provides excellent customer service for routine inquiries and may assist with more complex issues as directed or as appropriate.
- Accurately enters customer transactions into proper system to record transactions and generate receipts.
- Processes paying and receiving transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established Teller policy and procedures, which includes verifying signatures and other information for identification and fraud prevention on financial instruments presented for deposit or withdrawal.
- Processes transactions for various bank products and services including safe deposit boxes, money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, credit card and cash advances, etc.
- Provides information on bank products and services to current and prospective customers and refers them when appropriate, to a branch team member such as a Personal Banker, Universal Banker, etc.
- Maintains current knowledge of bank products and services.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering calls, processing incoming mail and deliveries, filing and light typing.
- Achieves compliance certification and uses knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day to day activities.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- A minimum of 12 months prior Teller experience
- Excellent knowledge of Teller Operations
- Working knowledge of bank products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use keyboard and computer system to process work
- Ability to be accurate and show strong attention to detail
- Strong decision making ability
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 430 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now