Executive Communication and Administrative Specialist - Omaha, NE
Job no: 493988
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Administrative/Support, Banking
|Performs a wide variety of administrative duties for the Chairman and CEO of Mutual of Omaha Bank, which is often highly confidential and complex in nature. May serve as a liaison to internal and external customers regarding administrative issues. Assist with the development and implementation of internal employee and client communication strategies for the Bank. Ensures consistency and effectiveness of all communication across the Bank enterprise. Interface and collaborate with various bank and corporate business partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a wide variety of administrative duties for the Chairman and CEO of Mutual of Omaha Bank. Maintains an awareness of all activities involving the Officer, and assists with those activities as requested. Using good judgment, determine matters requiring immediate attention, following up to conclusion or referring to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Partners with Corporate Communications to manage and coordinate key bank communications and events, including CEO and senior leadership messaging, content for the bank's intranet, leadership meetings and associate meetings. Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness of the communication plans and programs.
- Serves as a liaison and partners with key stakeholders, leaders and business partners within the Bank and across the enterprise to prepare Bank communication and determine best delivery methods. Ensures messages align with the overall strategy of the Bank and its short and long-term goals and objectives as well as with the companies branding initiatives.
- Establish and maintain the Chairman and CEO's meeting and appointment calendar, make all travel arrangements, and greets internal and external visitors. Establish and maintain reference information of individuals and companies frequently contacted.
- Maintain confidential personal information and personal files, expense reports, confidential Mutual of Omaha Bank files and reports.
- Manages the internal communication plans and calendar. Liaise with the business units and markets to gather and interpret information to keep Bank associates informed. Ensures all communication activities foster a culture of legendary service.
- Type and transcribe a wide variety of material to include correspondence, presentations, and reports, much of which is confidential in nature. Attend meetings as necessary, take and prepare minutes, and distribute copies to appropriate personnel.
- Through knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies, plans and delivery methods.
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills with the ability to synthesize concepts into clear and concise messages. Through knowledge of communication principles, all facets of writing, editing and producing communication plans, publications and employee/client communication.
- Ability to work cross functionally across the organization in a highly collaborative manner.
- Effective strategic management, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Previously held Executive Assistant position(s) for senior officer(s)
Previous experience working with board members and outside community leaders.
Sound judgment, organizational and decision-making ability, flexibility, ability to meet deadlines under pressure, excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with board members and senior officers.
Proficient personal computer skills, including a thorough working knowledge of various software packages and email.
Excellent human relations skills and the ability to work effectively and maintain composure in pressure situations.
- Some knowledge and experience in banking and/or financial services industry.
- 5+ years banking, corporate communications, marketing and/or journalism.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, or related discipline.
- Previously held Executive Assistant position(s) for senior officer(s) minimum of five years.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now