Renewal Executive - Philadelphia Group Office
Job no: 493981
Work type: Full Time Regular
|Contributes to the generation and retention of Group Insurance premium income through the attainment of specific persistency and renewal targets that align with divisional and office goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Renewals - Presents, explains, and sells the renewal, including rate increase targets, through presentation of a renewal package that aligns with company objectives. Attains set persistency and renewal targets. Consults with the client on specific plan design needs.
- Business Planning - Proactively and collaboratively works with office manager to plan upcoming renewals and strategies in an effort to attain divisional, office and individual targets and goals.
- Negotiation - Evaluates and understands case demographics for the purpose of negotiating current and renewal rates with underwriting and/or broker and/or client in order to meet identified retention objectives. Identifies add-on sales opportunities for the purpose of meeting set financial targets.
- Relationships - Forms, identifies, and manages existing and ongoing relationships with key internal partners, brokers and broker firm's staff for the purpose of leveraging, negotiating and renewing business.
- Service - Services and/or assists in servicing complex client issues and requests. Manages benefit fair meetings for groups that meet certain requirements. Conducts in-person renewals with identified key broker and/or client accounts. Attends key broker outings and/or offsite meetings as needed. Facilitates smooth handling of ordinary customer service issues to customer service team as appropriate.
- Budget - Manages expenses to budget.
- This position requires up to 40% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Candidate must possess or attain licensed agent/producer status within 60 days of entry into the job.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the workweek and a valid driver's license.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Relationship building skills.
- Possesses leadership qualities and is able to think and prioritize strategically.
- 2+ years successful sales, account management and persistency experience and ability.
- Proven and strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Strong product knowledge
- Thorough understanding of Group Operation products, marketing techniques, and procedures for negotiating, selling and underwriting renewals.
- Strong knowledge of pertinent compliance/regulatory issues.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now