Sales Trainee - Group Insurance
Job no: 493980
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington
Categories: Employee Benefit Sales Trainee Program
|Participates in a comprehensive program to develop skills and competencies to successfully sell Group Insurance products to brokers. May rotate between Group Offices as a required part of the Sales Trainee program.
Essential Job Functions:
Mutual of Omaha embraces a set of core values called the "Values for Success." These values set the standard for how we deal with customers and how we treat each other and all associates are expected to contribute to the achievement of business objectives by living Mutual's "Values for Success." In addition, all associates are expected to exhibit engagement and accountability and to contribute to the alignment of business objectives across the organization utilizing measurements as a tool.
- Participates in a comprehensive program to develop skills and competencies to successfully sell Group Insurance products to brokers. Completes self-study, classroom training and on-site experience projects according to curriculum. Effectively contributes to classroom discussions. Participates in goal-setting and progress evaluation meetings.
- Obtains direct experience by working with seasoned sales representatives to market Group Insurance products to brokers and clients.
- May rotate between Group Insurance sales offices as a required part of the program.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal business partners. Develops a high level of working knowledge about offered products.
- Masters the quoting system and underwriting processes in order to oversee the completion of content, proposals and paper work flow throughout the field and Home Office.
- Stay abreast of industry and government changes affecting group insurance and maintain an awareness of existing and developing market trends.
- This position requires up to 50% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Must attain licensed agent/producer status within 60 days of entry into the job
- Strong communication, problem-solving, negotiation, math aptitude and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated, competitive, and results-oriented with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the work period and a valid driver's license
- Proficiency in operating a PC and related software and database
- Willingness to relocate
- Bachelor's degree or currently a senior working towards degree
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now