IT Service Desk Manager
Job no: 493968
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Information Technnology
This position manages the daily IT Services & Support to internal clients and ensures service levels are met and direct reports are
meeting and exceeding performance expectations, defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to
provide excellent and effective customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees all Bank IT-related requests, incidents, change control and problems.
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues and acts as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Develops and grows the phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determines root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Develops and provides the management and oversite to Network and Application monitoring staff and the tools used for the Bank.
- Managed team will provide alerting and triage for issues found and if needed provide incident management and escalation to
- support staff for resolution.
- Trains, coaches and mentors direct reports to include career development. Oversees staff activities, develops training material,
- schedules work hours and provides backup support as needed.
- Interacts with internal customers.
- Provides data and reporting of KPI's and trends to IT and other departments. Drives Ticket Deep Dive reviews and develops
- strategies for improvement.
- Monitors and manages ticket queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Oversees solutions repository and ensures top quality solutions are available to the staff.
- Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective framework
- for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization.
- Advises management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manages process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Manages vendor relationships based on daily operational needs. PO (Purchase Order) review and approval and manages budget effectively.
- Reviews survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Maintains confidentiality of all applicant, client, verification and company proprietary information.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field, or 5 + years in Information Services
- Experience developing and managing an Incident Management program
- Experience developing and managing an Change Control program
- 5 years of experience managing a Service Desk
- 5 years of experience in systems and application monitoring
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pursues operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Banking/Financial Services experience preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now