Financial Actuarial Director (Risk Management)
Job no: 493895
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Leadership
The Financial Actuarial Director for Enterprise Risk Management leads and directs team resources focused on financial actuarial and/or risk analysis processes. Develops and administers a consistent, coordinated process to accomplish essential job functions. Evaluates and recommends alternative tools and approaches for conducting actuarial or risk analysis. Effectively communicates results to technical and non-technical audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, staffs, directs and controls department activities, including all personnel management functions for assigned staff.
- Develops risk assessment strategies and initiatives including:
- Develops or oversees development of models for risk analysis.
- Stays informed on relevant risk assessment practices.
- Ensures that all financial risks relevant to the business are aggregated at an enterprise level and that business areas have mitigation and contingency plans in place.
- Develops processes to routinely report financial and insurance risk results. Communicates results and trends effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Peer reviews actuarial work of others as needed.
- Assists in the formation of enterprise-wide initiatives to optimize Mutual of Omaha's risk/return position reflecting changes in economic conditions.
- Provides risk monitoring of Company risk tolerances and checkpoints. Provides risk analysis for various Risk Committees and develops recommendations for changes as necessary.
- Supports other enterprise risk initiatives including:
- Develops and administers a consistent and coordinated process to identify, assess, measure and monitor financial and insurance risks.
- Conducts new product risk reviews and embeds risk assessment expectations in business units
- Develops recommendations to align risk management processes with principles, policies, standards and tolerances. Obtains senior management approval of recommendations.
- Coordinates the development of the risk management strategy, financial risk management framework, principles, policies, standards and tolerances for approval by senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Monitors risk management developments and best practices within both the at-large business community and the financial services industry. Provides education and information to management and associates regarding risk management principles, policies, standards, processes, etc.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), plus relevant experience.
- Ability to incorporate actuarial expertise with the creativity necessary to identify opportunities to either lower risk (with no loss of return) or increase return (with no increase in risk).
- Knowledge of insurance products and investments, banking products and asset characteristics, and stochastic modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable valuation techniques and requirements.
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate risk concerns.
- Leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business oriented solutions.
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA)
- 5+ years of Enterprise Risk, Audit, or Financial Risk experience in a significant leadership role with proven ability to engage with executive management.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now