IS Application Security Analyst
Job no: 493892
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
This job posting is reflective of the IS Security Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr IS Security Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
I/S Security is looking for a seasoned and talented individual with technical expertise and strong communication skills to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. The candidate will get the opportunity to work with multiple business areas across numerous technical environments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform hands on security testing of applications to proactively discover risk and track to resolution
- Conduct application security scans, analyze results for false positives, prioritize vulnerabilities, and research and propose remediation steps.
- Understand, balance and communicate business risk with security risk.
- Implement security testing tools and methodologies (e.g., SAST, DAST) in collaboration with other development teams
- Coordinate with developers and other engineers to ensure successful and timely remediation of application vulnerabilities
- Lead the development, adoption, and governance of AppSec standards
- Advocate for security requirements during all phases of the SDLC
- Gather security related information from multiple sources across varying technology environments and report to management.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Solid foundation in application security practices and methodologies to include:
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Web Application Design
- Mobile Application Design
- OWASP and other application security testing background
- Application Vulnerability Management Processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey application security needs to developers, peers and leadership.
- Ability to scale security within the SDLC by automating using tools sets such as source code analyzers, vulnerability scanners, configuration validation and similar techniques.
- Articulate and advocate Information Systems security, privacy and technical ideas within the Company.
- Use inclusion, awareness and leadership skills rather than authority to accomplish results.
- Passion for learning about new technologies and emerging security threats.
- Identify, summarize, review, and report potential/actual actions that jeopardize the company's data privacy and/or security on technology environments. Specifically Application Vulnerabilities.
- Develop reporting and processes for application security. Support the development of technical and non-technical security designs to satisfy business requirements.
Strong communication skills, demonstrating ability to:
- Simplify complex security information for varying levels of technical and business audiences.
- Simplify complex security information to multiple levels of management.
- Preferred certifications or willing to pursue;
- College degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Security, Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now