Principal Enterprise Architect
Job no: 493858
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
|The Principal Enterprise Architect provides overall direction, guidance, and definition of the enterprise’s architecture direction to effectively support the corporate business strategy across value streams. This position consistently operates at an Expert level. They will be responsible for the identification, analysis, and translation of enterprise business drivers into application, business, information, and technology architecture requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with business stakeholders and IT architects to understand enterprise strategy across Value Streams.
- Fosters adaptive design and engineering practices.
- Accountable for developing the technical vision, strategy and architecture for the business capabilities related to information management and analytics.
- Responsible for ensuring that the architecture meets business and enterprise technology strategy and architecture requirements.
- Drives collaboration of programs and teams around a common technical vision.
- Maintains a high-level, holistic vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Understands key technical initiatives that support agile project methodologies and strategic business capabilities.
- Understand and communicates strategic themes and key business drivers for architecture to technical architects and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Acts as an internal consultant, mentor and change agent across the enterprise. Develops communication plans and promotes enterprise architecture processes and results to all levels within the organization. Assesses and communicates the achievement and impact of the enterprise architecture.
- Analyzes and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies, application methodologies and frameworks, system integration methodologies, industry and market trends and determines their potential impact on the business.
- Provides program / portfolio level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Identifies and manages organizational and technical dependencies between projects and programs / portfolios, working closely with all levels within the organization.
- Responsible for complying with all company information services policies and standards.
- Identifies and helps coach future technical leaders.
- Anticipates future information technology needs based on business trends and collaborates with internal and external suppliers to successfully deliver IT solutions that address them.
- Translates ambiguities to accurately and clearly “tell a story” to all audiences to ensure understanding of impacts and potential risks associated with change.
- Successfully manages “change curves’ within IT that are associated with the introduction of new technologies and directions.
- Performs as a strategic leader that helps guide the vision and execution of operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Actively collaborates with architects across the organization to develop and maintain architecture strategy.
- Understands the Companies strategic vision and priorities, then helps recommend and communicate the appropriate roadmaps.
- Advocates effective architectural designs and optimizes current architecture and processes. Promotes appropriate use of and adherence to reference architectures.
- Exhibits the ability to identify, analyze, and translate enterprise business drivers into application, business, information, and technology architecture requirements, while providing a customer perspective and input into IT decisions.
- Work in partnership with the Enterprise Architecture division in order to influence the development of implementation plans for the enterprise architecture.
- Lead development efforts of complex technical strategy, business critical software and integration solutions (this includes applications and custom integration solutions, new technology, major enhancements, interfaces / integration, functions, and features for assigned projects and customers).
- Ability to analyze complex business systems and processes and make tactical recommendations to improve the underlying business system.
- Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles, standards, and guidelines in order to guide information, technology, and solution decision making across the enterprise.
- Demonstrates the ability to articulate and advocate technical and non-technical ideas. Provides leadership and authority as necessary to accomplish results.
- Communicates technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Communicates technical issues and problems to vendors. Communicates with business and IT customers. Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 5 years of experience in an IT application systems leadership role in a mid to large sized company.
- 5 years of experience providing oversight on business, information, application, technology, and/or development projects.
- 5 years of experience architecting enterprise scale data solutions.
- 5 years of experience leading the design and implementation of data warehouse, business intelligence and analytic solutions.
- 3 years of experience architecting solutions related to Data Lake (Hadoop ecosystem) technologies.
- Communication - Communicate business capabilities and technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Communicate with business and IT customers - Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication. Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to interact with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Coach, mentor and cross-train others. Helps co-workers stay focused on the overall goal. Leads by example and encourages others to excel. Serves as a positive role model.
- Planning and Perspective - Formulate and articulate strategic vision. Anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs. Uses goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions. Understands multiple systems or technologies. Understand interaction with other systems.
- Extensive knowledge of analysis and design of technology solutions and the relationships between multiple systems/ support processes.
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and present multiple solution approaches to meet business requirements and strategies.
- Proven skill in designing high-level solutions, providing technical and logical support, and defining modules and/or process components determined to be needed or modified.
- Ability to develop and maintain business partnerships with customers and suppliers at all levels, including resolving conflicts, anticipating customer needs, and prioritizing schedules from multiple customers or suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in data governance, data quality processes, data integration methods, database management technologies, master data management, data warehousing, business intelligence, data modeling, data security, and metadata management.
- Strong understanding of contemporary technologies relating to business, market and industry trends. Ability to apply such knowledge to support the critical systems needed.
- Comprehensive awareness of various hardware and software solutions and relationships between systems, subsystems and products.
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and draw conclusions from an extensive variety of technical and business data with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Proven leadership abilities and tangible success implementing strategic business initiatives.
- Broad knowledge of insurance and financial services products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Experience in both Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Knowledge of IAA and Acord standards
- Experience in delivering analytics, machine learning, and data visualizations
- Experience building and extending an Enterprise and / or Solution Architecture practice
- Experience with Hadoop & NoSQL databases
- Experience in delivering self-service data analytic solutions
- Familiarity with DAMA DMBOK, TOGAF, and information management maturity models
- Experience working in the Business Architecture Domain
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now