Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Windows Server support for a large environment.
- Provide VMware administration support.
- Responsible for day-to-day support of Remote Access environment.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of servers and Virtual Infrastructure.
- Participate in Infrastructure Project Activity.
- Monitor the completion of server back ups.
- Ensure disaster recovery processes are being executed.
- Assist with configuration and implementation of servers.
- Provide second level support to the Help Desk; assist other support representatives when required.
- Diagnoses, isolates, and debugs problems.
- Continually increases technical knowledge of assigned technologies and domains and demonstrates application of that knowledge.
- Achieves appropriate certifications and educational advancements.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
Communication: Communicates moderately complex technical concepts to technical audiences and area management; moderately complex intra-domain and simple inter-domain technical issues and problems to vendors; and with business and I/S customers as needed to solve problems and install and test moderately complex technical components.
Negotiation: Obtains agreement or consensus from multiple parties; earns trust and seek win-win solutions; participates in vendor contract negotiations; and manages infrastructure expectations.
Planning and Perspective: Performs operational and some tactical planning; formulates and articulates short-term, operation-wide technical vision; anticipates and prepares for emerging infrastructure needs; use Division, Area, and Team goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions; develops and applies deep technical skills with an increasing product / complexity scope in a single domain; and to acquire some breadth of knowledge across multiple domains.
Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines and follows processes and procedures; and identifies requirements for, develops, maintains and manages Team and some Area-wide processes and procedures.
Teamwork: Works with peers, subordinates, Area management, and business customers to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement; assists others when necessary to achieve Team, Area and Division goals. Does not ignore conflict and instead uses a win-win approach to resolve conflict within their sphere of influence.
Flexibility: Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple tasks and activities simultaneously; and handles and manages technical stress.
Initiative: Undertakes activities on their own; communicates status appropriately; anticipates subsequent activities and projects; keeps informed of technology and industry trends and learns and applies new skills and technologies.
Creativity and Innovation: Sees the bigger picture and articulates multiple solutions to technical problems; challenges conventional practices and adapts established methods for new uses; and evaluates new technologies and concepts for solving existing problems.
Decisiveness: Makes good technical and operational decisions and shows accountability for those decisions.