Wealth Management Advisor II/III - Omaha, NE
Job no: 493812
Work type: Full Time Regular
Responsible for the sales and distribution of investment products and services designed to satisfy existing and prospective clients' needs.
This job posting is reflective of the Wealth Management Advisor II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Wealth Management Advisor III level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a high level of profitable sales by using a "needs based" approach to building a book of internal and external clients.
Profiles prospects thoroughly.
- Maintain an up-to-date familiarity with the Bank's personal investment products portfolio to ensure optimum marketing potential.
- Provide advice to clients on personal investment products by informing them of current market trends and recommending appropriate investment strategies. Determine specific client needs and ensure that appropriate market transactions are executed.
- Conduct public sales and product information seminars in assigned branches or other locations as necessary.
- Participate in call programs to existing and prospective clients. Cover assigned branch territory through a fixed weekly schedule.
- Coordinate scheduling of customer appointments within territory.
- Work in concert with branch personnel in identifying and meeting with prospective clients.
- Establish and maintain rapport with all levels of branch personnel.
- Train and guide non-licensed bankers in referrals of wealth management product sales.
- Comply with all guidelines imposed by the Bank's investment division, NASD, SEC, and State Department of Insurance pertaining to securities and insurance sales. Complete all required documentation on appointments and transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain client files as required.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Possess strong selling skills. Possess initiative and drive being highly organized and self-starter. Ability to interface effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of Bank personnel. Ability to perform responsibilities with sound judgment.
- Also must be familiar with standard office equipment including 10 key, fax machine, multiple line telephones and typing skills. Ability to learn bank online systems.
- Work indoors with an assigned office and workplace with little discomfort from heat, dust or other causes. May travel periodically by personal automobile to satellite offices or client offices.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively and to efficiently and to interact with customers and bank personnel. Requires manual dexterity to operate required machinery and visual acuity to read, write and interpret reports. Must possess sufficient mobility to visit customers at their homes and places of business.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Insurance Dept Complaint Check.
- Professional License/Certification Verification.
- Minimum ten (10) years of investment sales related experience.
- Outside sales experience.
- Strong selling skills.
- Strong initiative and drive being highly organized
- Ability to interface effectively and professionally with clients and all levels of Bank personnel.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with sound judgment.
- Familiar with standard office equipment including 10 key, fax machine, multiple line telephones and typing skills. Ability to learn bank on-line systems.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively and to efficiently and to interact with customers and bank personnel.
Available for occasional travel periodically by personal automobile to satellite offices or client offices.
Bachelor's degree preferred
* Current Series 7/63, 65/66, and/or State Life & Health Insurance Certification required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now