Sales Position - Centralized Sales - Old Mill - Omaha, NE
Job no: 493758
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Banking, Sales
Through the use of self-generated and Mutual of Omaha generated leads made available for inbound and outbound sales calls, this position is responsible for originating mortgage loans in all states, conducting borrower interviews, analyzing credit histories, and staying informed about current regulations. Employees in this role will work closely with the appropriate teams to ensure all required documentation/information is obtained as the loan moves through the process to closing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Using company provided leads to make outbound calls as well as handle inbound calls from prospective customers.
- Work internet applications from customers inquiring via the web.
- Work personal referral sources to generate self-sourced business.
- Originates a minimum number of transactions per month as determined by management, by taking complete and accurate loan applications, using Mutual of Omaha Mortgage product set.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Mutual of Omaha bank personnel, insurance agents, customers, realtors, builders and new home sales representatives in order to develop and retain existing business.
- Monitors overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer’s income, assets, investments or debts.
- Evaluates all appropriate loan products and services to help determine which financial products best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances.
- Advises the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with customers.
- May provide technical assistance and training if necessary.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of bank loan products, regulations, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Secondary Market and mortgage loan regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae guidelines.
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for VA and FHA loans.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, email, presentation, and banking systems.
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Must successfully pass a credit check.
- Must obtain NMLS license.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 430 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now