Mortgage Loan Officer - Tampa, FL
Job no: 493688
Work type: Full Time Regular
Gains necessary information (loan applications, credit documents, appraisals, etc) to develop and complete mortgage loan files. Responsible for the origination of residential mortgage loans from the application to loan closing. Directs and counsels customers on appropriate loan structure within the guidelines established by loan policies and procedures. May assist with directing the work of others. Level 2 production volumes are established by Mutual of Omaha Bank and reviewed and communicated on a yearly basis.
This job posting is reflective of the Mortgage Loan Officer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Junior Mortgage Loan Officer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Builds and develops long-term relationships with customers by identifying their needs and expectations, and offering value from the products and services offered by the bank.
- Maintains and seeks knowledge of bank products and services, market conditions, and industry trends.
- Generates and manages portfolio loans, bridge loans, and investment property loans.
- Responsible for the initial collection and management of past due loans from their loan portfolio.
- Solicits loan through contacts and directs pipeline for all originated loans.
- Coordinates with loan operations on the processing of the application and review/determine acceptability of the loan papers in preparation for closing.
- Solicits residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders, and professionals and generates mortgage loans with contacts by selling the advantages of the company.
- Promotes Mutual of Omaha and provides customer referrals with in the banking and insurance industry.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies and practices and regulatory statutes.
- Develops relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities.
- Counsels customers, takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, and submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval.
- Verifies all loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- May provide technical assistance and training if necessary.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of bank loan products, regulations, and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Secondary Market and mortgage loan regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae guidelines.
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for VA and FHA loans.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, email, presentation, and banking systems.
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Must successfully pass a credit check.
- Must obtain NMLS license.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 430 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now