Technical Solution Architect
Job no: 493641
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
Develops enterprise level applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features. Uses a variety of platforms (Linux/Windows/VMWare) and technologies (Hadoop Ecosystem) to provide business solutions to customers. The role is typically engaged as the highest- level technology expert on a project team. Operates at an advanced Level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with business and IT representatives in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Works with enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project.
- Analyzes technical requirements; identifies and evaluates alternatives for technology and integration across applications and system. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
- Proposes changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
- Viewed as a technical expert and critical resource cross multiple disciplines.
- Leads analysis and design efforts in support of technology integration.
- Investigates, implements, and transitions new design processes.
- Develops and pilots new architectures to support application requirements leveraging reusable components. Reviews new applications for conformance to existing architectures. Understands and articulates technology strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Proficient in at least one language (Java, Python etc..)
- Data Architecture/ Modeling
- Data ingestion techniques/ technologies
- Software/data Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of databases
- Familiarity with machine learning / statistical modeling
- Competency in at least one programming languages (Java, Python etc..)
- Understanding of concurrency
- Understanding of data structures
- Experience in SQL, Hive, HDFS, Pig, Spark, Flume, Sqoop, Kafka
- Database experience (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server)
- NoSQL experience
- Data warehouse experience
- Exposure to data modeling
- Familiarity with machine learning / statistical modeling a plus
- Exposure to distributed systems
- Exposure to streaming and batch data ingestion technologies
- Experience in Linux
- Experience with message queues
- Good knowledge Kafka/Solr and NiFi architecture
- Experience in java base middleware components.
- Shell scripting
- Experience with tokenization, single sign-on, web services and integrations.
- Experience with testing automation and/or leading other through testing automation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and advocate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide leadership and authority through positive example, delegation, empowerment, coaching, mentoring, and cross-training.
- Aptitude to formulate and articulate technical vision in order to anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs with the ability to understand multiple systems or technologies and how they interact.
- Astuteness in identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Ability to take accountability and make sound architectural and strategic decisions.
- Sound teamwork skills to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships, using win-win approaches to resolve conflict.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now