Private Placement Investments Internship Program
Job no: 493624
Work type: Part Time Temporary
Categories: Banking, Finance/Accounting, Internships
| Mutual of Omaha's Investment Management business unit provides creative, yet disciplined, management of investment portfolios designed to produce superior risk-adjusted returns, essential to Mutual of Omaha's business model.
We are currently seeking two motivated students for a unique internship opportunity within our Permanent Placement Management department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare financial spreadsheets by extracting relevant information from companies' financial statements.
- Communicate directly with a variety of investment professionals and be an integral part of the investment decision process.
- Participate selectively on conference calls with companies' management teams.
- Gain exposure to a variety of domestic, foreign, public, and private companies in diverse industries and varying worldwide accounting standards (primarily US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards).
- Option of attending meetings of the CFA Society of Nebraska where presentations are given by public companies, industry analysts, economists and investment strategists.
- This internship opportunity is scheduled to begin April 2018 and runs for 13-14 months. This is a temporary position with Mutual of Omaha that will be part time during the school year and full time during the summer.
- Interviews for this internship will begin in October 2017.
- Hourly wage is $18.00 per hour.
- Interns for this position are required to work 20 hours per week during the school year and full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer months
- Must have Undergrad Junior status at the time of application or be a Graduate student through duration of the internship
- Completion of, currently taking, or registered to take the following courses:
- Completion of Intermediate Accounting
- Corporate Finance and Security Analysis
- Principles of Economics (Micro and Macro)
- Money and Banking
- Experience with Microsoft Word and proficient with Microsoft Excel and formula building
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 or better
- Completion and attachment of a letter of interest
- Completion of Intermediate Accounting 1 and Financial Statement Analysis is preferred
- Accounting, Banking and Finance, and Economics majors or related to investments
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now