Actuary (ASA/FSA) - Disability Income, Critical Illness, Supplemental Health Products
Job no: 493568
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Actuarial, Mutual Actuarial Program
|Provides actuarial leadership for the valuation and modeling of our Disability Income (DI), Critical Illness (CI) and supplemental health products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the development of key metrics and reporting to enhance management’s understanding of the business.
- Execute activities related to the quarterly valuation of liabilities and effectively communicate results to management.
- Progressively develop our modeling capabilities to support cash flow testing, annual plan development, and determination of economic capital.
- Identify and implement process improvements that will reduce risk and increase efficiency in the execution of both recurring and ad hoc tasks.
- Collaborate with the product team to identify opportunities to advance the competitiveness of our products in the market.
- Partner with the claims management team to drive a deeper understanding of claim trends and their implications for the business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and actuarial practice guidelines.
- Support enterprise wide risk management initiatives.
- Effectively coach and develop staff in support of the above efforts and contribute to the overall development of the broader corporate modeling and valuation team.
This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Attainment of the Associate of the Society of Actuaries designation with the completion of 6-8 exams
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer Science
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting practices
- Thorough financial background
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations skills
- Product and industry knowledge
- Experience in the development of financial reports
- Knowledge of personal computer applications used for analysis
- May require the ability to teach or foster development in others.
- May require the ability to make others comply in fair, equitable non punishing fashion
- Attainment of the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation
- Knowledge of and experience with Disability Income, Critical Illness, and Supplemental Health Products
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Refer a friendApply now